Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Saturnalia - Horrific, Blood Soaked Feast



Now, before you think I have gone all religious, I haven't.  I am simply interested to a superior degree, in theology and religion of all religions.  I think Jesus was one of the coolest people to ever walk the Earth like Ghandi, The Dalai Lama, Mother Theresa, and all those other guys who do nice things for humanity.  I just want to share some interesting stuff I have learned about the festival.


I found most interesting about Saturnalia, which was a Pagan Festival held to revere Saturn, who in Roman Polytheism, was the God of excess.  Yule, who is directly related to this festival, but comes from more of a Nordic Tradition, was the God of fertility in Nordic polytheistic, Pre-Christian religions.   Might I also add, for those who have a problem with Judaism, one doesn't see Jewish Faith followers persecuting people of other religious persuasions the way many Christian denominations do, not all, but some. 



Yule logs were once fashioned into phallic symbols and set ablaze on a pyre, where human and animal sacrifices were sometimes offered to Yule, the God of fertility in Nordic Pre-Christian Traditions.  Saturnalia promoted families to engage in group coitus sessions, which included ALL members of the family and I think you can catch my drift on where that is going, but let's not make this too controversial.







With this being said, Merry Holidays or Merry Christmas. I celebrate Christmas as a cultural, family tradition with my people. I was raised Catholic, but no longer practice or embrace Catholicism. I'd also like to impress upon wicked Nazi religious oppressors that during the Winter Holidays, you should wish everyone well, because Jesus, who you are supposed to revere, would want you to be nice to everyone and promote good will toward men. 

Everything isn't darkness in the shadows trying to pull us over to the "dark side".  Respect your fellow humans, accept your fellow humans for who they are, and be charitable and loving at all times of the year instead of just dropping a few cents in the bucket outside most major supermarkets and drug stores and thinking your job is done.  I'm not going to call out the organization with mostly good intent, but that has some questionably intolerant views against some people.


Every comment on this post (either on the blog or when I share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TSU, and other places, gets you a free Coke Rewards code to be used towards free soda and other stuff at CokeRewards.com. You know me giving up diet coke is a gift and since its all I have to give, because I am struggling. Comment or contact me with your e-mail or message me on Facebook to get your code.