Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Zits, Blackheads, Comedones, Carbuncles & Corn Videos!

For your viewing pleasure or displeasure, depends what side of the fence you are on about self-surgery and day surgery videos, some fabulous selections for your amusement.  I chose very carefully some videos I had not yet seen.  I know a few people who will really enjoy this!!!


The video below shows the removal of a keratin plug and its absolutely disgusting!  How does it get that big?  I would have picked that thing out and off long before that point, ewwww!




This is a new one. Its a heel corn excision. My mom used to have corns on her toes when I was little and frequented the podiatrist. I had to go once to have an ingrown nail that was turning green and was infected removed. I had to take antibiotics and have a piece of my toenail completely removed and it took almost a year for the thing to grow back! I love all the meat in his heel. Its like opening up a body, mmmmm, the smell of opening up wounded flesh!



This, ladies and gents, is a diabetic carbuncle. A carbuncle is a red, swollen, and painful network of boils connected to each other under the skin. A boil is an infection of a hair follicle that has a collection of pus (an abscess) under the skin. Usually single, a carbuncle is most likely to occur on a hairy area of the body, commonly on the back or nape of the neck. They are also commonly found on the butt, thighs, groin area, and armpits.

Most are caused by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, which inhabit the skin surface, throat, and nasal passages. These bacteria can cause infection by creeping into the skin through a hair follicle, scrape, or puncture, although sometimes there is no obvious point of entry.

Inside, is a mixture of white blood cells, bacteria, and dead skin cells. They must be drained to heal and usually leave scars. A boil or carbuncle is contagious: the infection can spread to other areas of the body or to other people who come into contact with the wound or items that have touched the wound and have absorbed the infection.
 

This next video is your run of the mill infected sebaceous cyst. However, this one is burned off with a cauterizing or laser tool I haven't seen used in these videos before. Its gross, because you can see all the meat and tissue in this wound. I bet this scars like a b*tch!



I thought this might be a bot-fly at first, but it looks like a keratin plug, ewww, its so dark brown and nasty and leaves the nastiest hole!